Sunday, June 1, 2008

Podcast love!

Podcasting is great! Whether you are listening to a play by play of an event or watching a recorded instructional video, podcasting is of great value to anyone willing to search a little bit to find what you are looking for. I am really into fitness training and finding a podcast on weight training, speed and agility training, or coordination training was simple! Now, will I use it in its purest form with my team? Probably not. Why? Because I will take the information in a podcast and make it my own with all of the expectations and structure that defines FPU Track and Field. The best idea would be to create my own podcast on the same information or have my athletes create one that they can refer to based on my procedures and expectations, whether it be in the weightroom or on the track. One of the things that I really support is my athletes finding podcasts, watching them, and then asking questions about ways information is communicated differently. It is interesting to them, because they can watch these on their IPOD's, and it is a great way to make them more knowledgeable about their sport. For some reason, probably because they can take the podcast with them, they are so much more likely to do this than they are reading an article I give them that includes exactly the same information. In order to reach my athletes most effectively, podcasts are great!

No comments: